At Killen & Associates we offer a full commercial and corporate service at cost-effective rates across a broad range of commercial and corporate areas. Our commercial team recognises the importance of understanding our clients’ businesses and objectives. Our clients come from a broad range of industries including software development, technology, building and construction, education and training, hospitality, healthcare, primary production, transport and small to medium sized businesses.
At Killen & Associates we are also passionate about start-ups. We have advised a number of start-up businesses on matters including business structures, protection of intellectual property, shareholder agreements and founder vesting, employment law, and drafting of terms of services, and service agreements. Our Principal, David Killen is involved with Charles Sturt University's CenWest Innovate program as a small business mentor.
Our business and commercial lawyers can provide assistance for a range of legal matters, including:
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Commercial dispute resolution and litigation
- Drafting commercial agreements, guarantees and security documents
- Advice for company directors, shareholders and administrators
- Advice on legislative requirements, including corporate structure, corporate governance and Corporations Act compliance
- Advice on protection, commercialisation and enforcement of intellectual property rights including trademarks, copyright and patents
- Advice for non-profit organisations and charities
- Mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures & sales
- Lending agreements and venture capital
- Employee share & option schemes